In this Privacy Notice, UIB Insurance Brokers (India) Private Limited hereinafter referred as “UIBINDIA”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” is committed to respect your privacy and security of the personal information that we process in the conduct of our business. This Privacy Notice describes how we may collect and use personal information about you.
The privacy of our customers, our vendors and suppliers, who use our services, as well as the visitors of our website are important to us and we are committed to protecting and maintaining their privacy.
Our Privacy Notice explains how UIBINDIA handles your personal data and, in particular, details of how we collect, store, use, process, transfer, or disclose, and enable you to access, rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal data. Our Privacy Notice applies to your personal data regardless of the way in which we collect it, for example, whether it is collected via our website, when you contact our Customer Service team, when you submit a job application to UIBINDIA, when you use one of our services, or when you perform services or deliver products to UIBINDIA, etc.
For the purposes of our Privacy Notice, “personal data” is any information about an identified or identifiable individual. Personal data revealing an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership or financial information (such as bank account or credit card details) and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation, is referred to in our Privacy Notice as “personal data”.
By providing us with your information, you hereby consent to the collection, storage, disclosure, processing and transfer of such data for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice, and confirm that you are providing such information of your free will. You have the option not to provide us the personal data sought to be collected if you do not agree with this Privacy Notice.
3. Data protection principles
All personal information we hold, submitted by you will be:
i. used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
ii. collected only for valid purposes;
iii. treated as accurate and up to date; and
iv. kept securely.
4. Personal Data We Collect
The type of data we collect from you will depend upon the type of interaction you have with us as per the following:
Data Collection through website:
• From our customers and vendors:
When you are a Customer or Vendor, we may collect the following types of personal data, in the context of our interaction with you, but not limited to such as full name, employer name, work contact details (including address, phone number, fax number and email address), account number, financial information (including card number, card expiration date, bank details and VAT/GST number), credit check information, logo, photos, biographies and CV’s for educational programs, contract information (including start and end date of rental of products), insurance information, order and delivery information (such as ship to locations).
• From job applicants:
When you apply for a job vacancy at UIBINDIA through our website, we may collect the following personal data, but not limited to such as full name, contact details (i.e. address, phone number and email address, etc.), date of birth, driver’s license details, passport details, work permit if applicable, employment history and education details, names and contact details of referees, next of kin details (in the event of an emergency), bank details, permanent account number, tax code, previous employment.
• From visitors of our websites:
In addition to the data which you actively provide to us through our website (for example, by completing online forms or asking us to remember your preferences), we may collect certain personal data by automated means, such as cookies, internet tags, web beacons and similar automated data collection means when you visit our website.
The providers of third-party plug-ins and widgets on our website, such as embedded videos and social media-sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the website and your interactions with the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers of the plug-ins and widget.
To the extent required by local applicable laws, we will obtain your consent before collecting your personal data via cookies or similar automated means.
Kindly also note that our website may contain links to third-party websites, which are not subject to this Privacy Notice or our privacy standards and procedures. Please be aware that we are not responsible for, nor do we endorse, the content or privacy of these third-party sites. We strongly encourage and recommend you to review the privacy policies applicable to such sites before interacting with them.
From time to time, you may be able to visit our website or deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym.
Data collection from various other channels:
In general, we may collect the above-mentioned personal data from individuals when they:
• contact us by phone, email, post or via the website;
• manage or change their credentials on our website/Platforms;
• subscribe to receive our newsletter or promotional materials or sign up to a mailing list; and/or
• participate in surveys or competitions and other promotional activities.
Furthermore, we may collect personal data in a variety of ways depending on your interaction with us:
• From our customers, when they:
- request the supply of one of our services;
- request a quote for our services;
- arrange payment for use of our services;
- register for and/or attend one of our training sessions, seminars, webinars, health camps, etc. or
• From our vendors or suppliers, when they enter into a contract for the delivery of services to us, as well as during the performance of such contract.
• From job applicants, when they apply for a job vacancy at UIBINDIA via post or in any other way, as well as from recruiters we have retained and from referees which have been provided by the job applicants in support of their job application (where required, consent is obtained from applicant before approaching previous employers).
5. Consequences of not providing Personal Information
If you choose not to provide your Personal Information that is mandatory to process your request, we may not be able to provide the corresponding services.
6. How We Use Personal Data/Sensitive Personal Data We Collect and How We Justify it
• We process personal data which is necessary for performance of services sought by you or when it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us and/or by a third-party partner, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals, such as the following:
1. Collecting and analyzing performance, service and reliability data;
2. Organizing education and training sessions for clients in respect of the use of our services;
3. Carrying out market research and product development;
4. Training our staff; and
5. Conducting our internal business and management processes, for example, accounting, auditing and master data management etc.
• We also process personal data when it is necessary for complying with our obligations under applicable laws.
• In addition, we process personal data when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the individual is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the individual prior to entering into a contract, such as the following:
1. Service delivery, for example, providing our services to clients for benefit of employees;
2. Liaising with TPAs, hospitals and other service providers in respect of the delivery of our services to Client and their employees using our services;
3. Liaising with health insurers;
4. Invoicing, managing accounts and carrying out debt-recovery functions;
5. Collecting and processing payments, including processing credit card payments;
6. Performing credit checks;
7. Providing customer and/or technical support and other customer relationship
8. Dealing with enquiries or complaints and resolving disputes; and
9. Engaging and partnering with speakers and consultants for medical education programs.
In addition to the purposes listed above, personal data collected from you during your visit to our website may be used to:
• provide better website services and customize the website based on your preferences and interests;
• compile statistics and analyze trends about the use of our websites;
• perform market research;
• create reports for internal use to develop programs, services and content;
Kindly note that we will only use your personal information as the law allows. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
i. where we need to perform a contract we have with you;
ii. where we need to comply with a legal obligation;
iii. where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
i. where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests);
ii. where it is needed in the public interest, to comply with a legal obligation, or for official purposes.
7. Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it as described above, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will set out the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above purposes, where this is required or permitted by law.
8. Personal Data We Share
UIBINDIA may disclose personal data to third parties in certain circumstances including but not limited to the following:
• to others including those who may be located in or outside India on a need-to-know basis;
• to third-party partners whom we engage to help us run our business - such as couriers and other delivery service providers, pay roll service providers;
• to our professional advisors, including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
• to law enforcement and/or regulatory bodies, Courts of law or to other third parties as otherwise required or authorized by law and/or for the purposes of resolving complaints or disputes both internally and externally or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies;
Certain personal data of clients who use our services will also be disclosed to their Third Party Administrators(“TPAs”), duly authorized representatives and private health insurers.
Before UIBINDIA disclose any personal data to a third-party partner/TPAs, we take reasonable steps to ensure the third-party partner will adequately protect such data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
All UIBINDIA third-party partners /TPAs are required to restrict their use of this information to the purpose for which it was provided. Where required by applicable laws, UIBINDIA will obtain consent before sharing data with third-party partners, including the same group company entities.
UIBINDIA uses technology and security precautions, rules and other procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, improper use, disclosure, loss or destruction. To ensure the confidentiality of your information, UIBINDIA also uses industry standard firewalls and password protection. It is, however, your personal responsibility to ensure that the computer you are using is adequately secured and protected against malicious software, such as Trojans, computer viruses and worm programs. You are aware of the fact that without adequate security measures (e.g. secure web browser configuration, up-to-date antivirus software, personal firewall software, no usage of software from dubious sources) there is a risk that the data and passwords you use to protect access to your data, could be disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
9. Data Transfers to Data Centre
We may transfer your personal data to Data Centre located within India. In such case, UIBINDIA shall take the necessary measures to ensure that all personal data transferred to Data Centre receives an adequate level of protection as required by data protection law.
10. Your Rights and Choices
You have several choices regarding your use of our Website/ Platforms. You could decide not to submit any personally identifiable information at all by not entering it into any forms or data fields on our website/ Platform and not using any available personalized services. Our website/Platforms may ask for your permission for certain uses of your information and you can agree to or decline those uses. If you opt-in for particular services or communications, such as an e-newsletter/blogs/articles, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will work to remove your information promptly, although we may require additional information before we can process your request.
As described above, if you wish to prevent cookies from tracking you anonymously as you navigate our sites, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
11. Keeping us informed
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
12. Your rights in connection with personal information
In certain circumstances, by law you have the right:
• to ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we hold about you;
• to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to keep it;
• to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
• to object to us processing your personal information where our basis for the processing is that we (or someone else) have a legitimate interest to do so, and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to the processing taking place on this basis;
• to ask us to suspend our processing of your personal information, for example if you want us to show you that the information is accurate, or why we are processing it;
13. What we may need from you when you send us a subject access request
If you send us a subject access request, we will usually respond within a month. Before we do so, we need to ask you for information to help us confirm your identity and to make sure that the right to access your information (or to exercise any of your other rights) is a proper request being made by you and not by anyone else (so that no one gets to see personal data that does not belong to them). This process could lead to a delay before we can reply fully to you.
14. Data Retention
Personal Information will not be retained for a period more than necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required by law or by regulatory authority or for directly related legitimate business purposes.
15. No fee usually required
In most cases there is no fee for you to pay to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights described in this notice).
16. Right to withdraw consent
As described above, in some cases we only collect, process or transfer your personal information if you consent to the specific processing in question, and then you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
To exercise that right in any case you should contact us. Once we learn from you that you have withdrawn your consent we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless the law allows us to do so for any other reason.
17. Do Not Track (DNT)
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, UIBINDIA and its website / platform have not built-in those capabilities recognizing DNT.
18. Privacy Statement for Children
Our Web sites are directed at an adult audience. We do not collect any personally identifiable information from anyone we know to be under the age of 18 without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. Such legal representative has the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and/or to require that it be deleted.
19. Additional Information on Website
In case you are directed to website other than ours, the necessary prompt shall be displayed on our website cautioning you about the same and our privacy norms will not be valid for these redirected sites.
20. Updates to our Privacy Notice
We will update this privacy notice when necessary. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
22. How to Contact Us
If you have any concerns or complaints about a breach of your privacy or have any questions about the way we handle your personal data or sensitive personal data, please contact us by sending an Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
UIB Insurance Brokers (India) Private Limited
IRDA Licence Number : 410 (Composite Broker) License Valid till : 29th March 2026.
CIN No : U66030MH2009PTC195794